At this time of the year in Japan, there is a little insect (About 3 to 4 cm long) that makes a huge noise and cannot usually be seen.
Now them, I have spent the last week looking covertly into trees and bushes, (I do not want to be accused of doing something dubious!) trying to find one of these noisy blighter’s and today I found one, turned tortoise on it’s back paddling fresh air.
I did not have the heart to stamp on it, (I am sure it would have made a satisfying crunch when stamped on) so I gently turned it over and instantly it started making the extremely loud cricket type clicking noise that’s started to annoy me this last week. You can potentially imagine then, what a few hundred or thousand of these little creatures clicking in unison sounds like, it’s loud, very very loud! Especially so when they are outside your hotel.
Quite an ugly looking beast and to be honest its not going to be your best friend. I spotted a few old skins of ex-Cicada and they look pretty brutal even when empty of life in a tree on Kudamatsu station.
Have a good look and see what you think!
Now them, I have spent the last week looking covertly into trees and bushes, (I do not want to be accused of doing something dubious!) trying to find one of these noisy blighter’s and today I found one, turned tortoise on it’s back paddling fresh air.
I did not have the heart to stamp on it, (I am sure it would have made a satisfying crunch when stamped on) so I gently turned it over and instantly it started making the extremely loud cricket type clicking noise that’s started to annoy me this last week. You can potentially imagine then, what a few hundred or thousand of these little creatures clicking in unison sounds like, it’s loud, very very loud! Especially so when they are outside your hotel.
Quite an ugly looking beast and to be honest its not going to be your best friend. I spotted a few old skins of ex-Cicada and they look pretty brutal even when empty of life in a tree on Kudamatsu station.
Have a good look and see what you think!
(It's a shame it did not stay still while I was taking the pictures)

No comments:
Post a Comment