July 26, 2008

Day Colle


When I decide to watch Japanese television and after I have flicked through the many hotels piped channels, (i.e. 5!) I eventually come to the local Tokuyama television station, “Day Colle”.

I have often walked through the ‘Mini-Ginza’ and seen the outside of the studio but with no activity within. A few nights ago, to my cheery delight, the ‘local studio’ was in business, the lights were on and obvious activity was going on within.

From what I can work out, when the lights are on and the girl is not trying to smile while reading the day’s highlights, I think the filming is 'live'. I took a few pictures and the young lady was determined not to look, so I moved around the side of the studio building, as there were more glass windows to pear through, to get a better look at was going on.
I was obviously detected by one of the young chaps on the floor (He smiled at me!) and looked forward again, probably hoping that the ‘English geezer’ (Gaijin (Foreigner)) behind him, with a camera, was not about to trash their production with his huge flash gun firing off and giving a lightening show the heavens would be proud of!!!!

I did the decent thing; I turned the flashgun off and resorted to normal lighting and got a few shots, one with the girl smiling, just.

No comments: