May 10, 2008

Now totally bored out of my brains!!!!!!











So, after another brain numbingly boring walk round the Tokuyama town centre just, I have come back to the hotel room with plenty of crisps and current buns. (No chocolate here)

So as punishment for reading this, you all can suffer a few pictures of my car. Most people know of me (Andyh-R6S) on a few of the Audi forums. (i.e. http://www.rs246.com/, http://www.s2forum.com/ and http://www.s-cars.org/) All good places to find out stuff about ‘S and RS’ Audi cars.

The attached picture shows my engine bay after I had just finished installing a ‘034 Motorsport’ high output coil conversion. Not a particularly easy job as its was mostly designed for left hand drive ‘5’ cylinder Audi engines but after I designed a new bulkhead mounting bracket and got some custom made ignition leads, it all works quite well. No more ‘in head’ coil pack worries here

I am quite proud of the bracket. I made ‘6’ slightly different prototype brackets out of thick cardboard to start with (One of the pictures shows one of the cardboard prototypes in place) and then had it made in stainless steel bracket while I was in Japan in September last year. Got it home and it did fit first time. Ended up replacing a lot of the boost and the fuel hoses at the same time as well. Almost a factory finish, if not better!

The picture also shows an unmolested wastegate top cover. The old version had been modified by the previous owner and it had a huge bolt in it. (13mm of spring pre-load that it should not of had!!!) This caused over boost issues that the ECU had to control, that gave an impression that the engine was misfiring/hesitating on wide-open throttle (i.e. WOT. Foot to the floor, etc) Changing the wastegate top cover removed the issue instantly; Audi could not solve the issue!!!! But I did. (You can see the old wastegate top cover (Red blob of paint on it!) in the picture that shows the plug leads with the high temp covering fitted to them)

The engine has an ‘MTM’ ECU conversion and a whole host of other mods as well, including a very expensive Audi ‘RS2’ exhaust manifold and a full stainless steel large bore exhaust with free flow cats. (Not the meow type)

The car also benefits from slightly lowered and stiffened suspension, as well as TarOx G88 brake disks all round and sits on RS6 alloy wheels.

One fast, surprisingly restrained and stealthy estate car. If you did not know what it was, you would never now what it is. (If that makes any sense?)

When I find some more pictures I will post them in here.


The pictures of the two ‘Ur’ Quattro’s are my old cars from the early 90’s.


Ba,


A.

No comments: