May 10, 2008

Another night in Ell's Ditch







After another night in Ell’s ditch (http://www.ellsditch.jp/html/index.php) and a subsequent trip to one of the local 'Yatai' street palace tents, to endure more alcohol and some noodles, (Well I think they were noodles and meet of some description!!) I have woke up this morning with virtually no dark pressure in the cranium. Which is obviously good, as I am (The cultural attaché to Macclesfield!!) supposed to be helping somebody today with some English this afternoon and I do not want to look like I have just been dragged through a hedge backwards. ((Normally a high probability when you attempt to cut your own hair with a battery powered pair of hair clippers and what supposedly started as a number ‘4’ ended up as a half finished number ‘1’ because the setting button slipped and the battery ran out. Which is totally typical. Luckily it was night time and a good nights rest, allowed the battery to be recharged and allow me to finish off the “Eddie Hitler” type hair cut. No matter what you say I do not look like this chap. (You would have to watch an English TV programme called ‘Bottom’ to understand what I mean here. Probably a good idea to do a web search at this point)) If you interlace the latter, with a major dose of sun on Tuesday, while loitering in Tokuyama wondering what to do next, then it is not surprising that my skin is peeling on the top of my bonce. It looks sore too)

I must admit, last night was ‘bob on’ and I had a great time and many thanks to all. I was only going out to get out of my hotel room at first but as the night progressed, the entertainment arrived and it all progressed from there. (Down hill of course) I just hope the remaining party of people got home all right and are feeling OK this morning.

Well then, apart from some bits this afternoon, I should be out and about with the camera to take some pictures. I was going to go to ‘Iwakuni’ today but I did not want to go if there was any chance of it raining but I will have plenty of opportunities over the next year.

No comments: