1. Joining the ‘wide awake’ club at ‘01:30’in the morning!
I did not have brilliant sleep last night or the night before but tonight or should I say this morning, I have woke up and now I cannot get back to sleep. I have just plugged my ipod into some speakers in my hotel room and I have started watching music videos. Unlike last night, I think nobody is in the room next to me, (No snoring coming through the wall!!) so I don’t mind listening to music.
I did not realise how stunningly pretty Alanis Morissette is! (She always looked geeky to me before!) I usually just plug ‘n’ play but this time I actually watched the music video (Crazy) and not only does it have a superb beat but I saw something in her that I never saw before! I have recently started, to try and look beyond what somebody looks like and to try and see if anything else is there! This might appear at first to be an odd concept but when I really looked into her face, I saw a totally different person and not the person I thought I had seen many times before.
This little phenomena I have developed for myself, started about five or six weeks ago after I decided to do thing differently for a change and I have re-looked at various faces and I now see the depth of the person and not just a face I originally recognised! It actually makes them look totally different, even though they have not changed. I have even being doing this with other pictures of people I don’t really know and it works there too.
You get lots of time to re-organise your thoughts when you spend significant amounts of time on your own and some really simple things that others probably do automatically, I have only just realised. The observation above is a classic for me and I now do all sorts of things that I would not normally do, I just have to think about them for a while, then I end up doing it as well. (Nice things though!!)
2. Leaving my keys to my suitcase in England!!
Stupid boy!
I left my suitcase in Kasado works for my last trip back to England, as I could not really see the point of carting it back to England only to bring it back to Japan again and again, etc. What really annoys me about this bit of stupidity is that I had the key in my hand before I left my house on Sunday morning. I picked the key up, decided I would not need it and left the house. It did not cross my mind for one minute that I had double locked my case!
So, Tuesday morning I picked up my suitcase from the office in Kasado works and stuck it in a corner of my room in the works. About four hours latter, I just looked at the suitcase for a brief moment and it dawned on me what I had done. Getting the first lock open was dead easy, getting the second locking arrangement open was a different matter and I then realised why I purchased such good suitcase in the first instance.
What a performance, not only do you need a specially shaped key, it must have a bloody (An expletive needs to be used here!) magnet inside it too, to allow the lock to be raised before you turn it!
Making the specially shaped key was relatively easy, if not time consuming to the cheery delight of the surrounding people, but realising it needed a magnet as well, was the last straw. So, yesterday morning I had to brake the locks open to get clean clothes to wear and now I am a proud owner of a knackered case, a very expensive knackered case!!!
Hmm, not impressed with the latter, even more so than the former.
‘Stupid boy’, to coin a phrase!
February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment