November 29, 2008

The huge walk.









Japan is the most amazing place to be in the fall! I have been very lucky to be here during various seasons over the last two years and I have seen many sights that normally you would only see in a book and I am very grateful for that opportunity. But today, on my own again, I believe I had the best day yet!

I went on a huge walk today as the sun was out in all of its glory, following one of the drain away canals back up into the hills overlooking Tokuyama, from just in front of the Shinkansen railway line adjacent to the harbour.

It was all up-hill and was quite invigorating but not tiring at all. What astounded me the most, if you exclude the Dambuster squadron of beautiful Kingfisher birds I was watching, were the huge Koi Carp that were trapped just in front of the small dams, all the way up the drain away for at least 1.5 to 2 km from the harbour. Even beyond that distance you could easily see smaller Koi Carp without any colouring, in the shade, generated by small bamboo saplings in the waters.

In the attached pictures, I have tried to capture (Very difficult with the poxy small camera I used, should have brought the big one out with me!) today’s events. Some of the pictures could be considered a bit abstract and some, why! But on the whole, I had a good walk, if a little cold and I take pictures of what I like, even if they are a bit odd.

I loved the little shrine type buildings I found in one of the houses I walked past, superb.
If only they would burry their power lines!!!!!!!

No comments: