
Although I have only been back in Tokuyama, Japan for just under one week, I have found another dubious flavour of ice cream.
Whilst in the local Lawson mini-market the other day, I spotted a small carton of Häagen-Dazs ‘English milk tea’ ice cream, which looked quite disturbingly refreshing at first glance. Although I do not mind a good cup of tea, the thought of eating an ice cream that tastes like a cup of cold milky tea, especially after the Häagen-Dazs ‘Green tea’ debacle left me with cold comfort. But ever the hopeful, I purchased a small carton of the English milk tea ice cream and returned back to my hotel room to conduct a small scientific tasting session.
On first opening of the carton of English milk tea ice cream, I was surprised by how much it looked like a frozen cup of milky tea. Not only did it smell of tea its colour was pretty well spot on too. The taste did not disappoint either, as it definitely tasted like an insipid cup of cold milky tea and I admit that I would be the first person to ditch a cup of cold milky tea, anyway.
So, the verdict is not good just like the Green tea ice cream torture I had a few months ago but there again, the ice cream is definitely tailored to the oriental taste buds and not mine. (The small tub of the Maple Cookie ice cream was used to remove the bad taste left in my mouth from eating English milk tea ice cream, honest!)

No comments:
Post a Comment