









I went to Yamaguci on yesterday, as there was not a lot going on at work, so I booked the day off.
I went to the “Rurikoji” temple and its surrounding gardens and it was superb. (Basically a 5 storied temple but don’t ask me to pronounce the word!) It was superb, the sun was out, it was quite warm and the cherry blossom had started to sprout all over the garden and the smell you get is so different to anything else. This will be my last chance to see the cheery blossom bloom and I thought I was going to miss it this time, as really needed to stay another two to three weeks to see it in all it’s glory! (Japan is famous for cherry blossom at the end of March/beginning of April.) I had a good walk around the gardens too and some of the other smaller shrines and artefacts and walked up the hillside to see what I could find.
I even found and old steam train in the gardens of one of the building, as I was walking up to the temple! Very odd, did not expect that one!

No comments:
Post a Comment